Relic-MC Forum

The Relic is Adapting.

The Relic is Adapting.
« on: June 04, 2017, 05:35:49 PM »

Hello again players! We have some news for you :)

There will be some changes to how Relic Forums and the main site will be presented. Rather than just focus on solely Minecraft, we will be broadening to include a few more games. We want to be more of a general gaming community.

We will be putting up games that a lot of our community play. Games that pick up play will be allocated a spot on our forum but as always there will still be a category for other games too.

So have a look through and see who plays what, you might find someone shares some interests you didn't realise!

Our Steam Group is RelicMC and some of the games that our staff like to play when they're not trying to keep Creepers out of the plugin folders are:

The Forest: Dedicated Server option when selecting to join, server name is The Relics Forest, password is RelicMC
Ark Survival Evolved server is The-EU-PVE-OfficialServer259, Tribe is Gleep's Delivery Service
Rocket League
Dead By Daylight
Don't Starve Together
Team Fortress 2

So if you ever want to try out a new game with the same crowd,just ask!

Another forum change is that we are planning of having an event calendar, so you can see what we're plotting and what to prepare yourselves for. It is subject to change so keep checking back once it's here.

Grief daaaay~   Wait, what? Uh oh.

The Relic has let its citizens play for far too long. They've gotten wise. Too wise. Some of them are even restoring that toxic weed Mooriah's Memories! It can't have that, it just can't!

Time for some drastic redecorating...

Okay, so we have an additional announcement to make on top of all this. With the looming date of a new update, what better way to experience it than with a new start alltogether? While the Relic is getting ready to rip apart the world, players must band together to build a rocket to try and fly away! Dirt is not allowed, have some class! Once Grief Day commences, we will have a mini announcement stating the Launchpad location so you can start building!

Grief day is June 16th - 17th! After that we will be moving to a temp map to try out the blocks and once things are settled, a new map! As always, there is a zero tolerance on the temp map since you have creative enabled.

We are running the chest transfer service until the 15th, you can find it in the North East of Spawn, a portal surrounded by chests. You are allowed one chest, no diamond, gold, iron or emerald because of the economy. You are allowed armour and tools made out of them though. Pick a chest, fill it with your items you want to transfer to the new world, lock it and add a sign with your name on it.

We look forward to seeing what the new world brings!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 04:11:56 PM by CLGREEN »

Silmaera

• I AM THE FORUM JANITOR!
    • View Profile
Re: The Relic is Adapting.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 06:38:18 AM »
To clarify a bit more on what you can bring, shulker boxes are not allowed, and no diamond ores, blocks or minerals. Same goes for gold, emerald and iron. Crafted items out of these materials, like weapons, tools and armour, perfectly fine. Everything else is okay to bring aboard. If unsure please ask and staff will be checking these boxes to make sure all the items transfer fine.

It is one single chest worth of items, we do this so as to not upset our economy and provide a reasonable start for new players while older players get a small boost with crafted items, but not so much that they dominate.
Have a question? Click here   to shoot me a message!

Bernd_das_BrotB7

• Tally Ho! I say!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 10:10:31 AM »
Hah, no dirt rockets, eh? XD
I am British before you ask... :p

theNaturetamer

• #TeamNature
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 09:18:45 AM »
Woooo I am going to ride a tree to outerspace!
When there is Nature to be tamed there is one man for the job. What is confusing though is he uses a stick to tame nature.... #TamingLife

Mastermind2345

• #LetsHaveAChat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 10:20:41 AM »
It really makes me happy to see the community continuing to grow. I'll definitely find a day to hang with you guys again!
"Back in 'nam we moderated with our bare hands" -CLGREEN

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 04:06:43 PM »
At least get on for greif day XD I'm gonna make a real show out of my home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 07:59:24 AM »
WE HAVE AN ARK SERVER?
Oh jeez. See you guys soon. <3

Bernd_das_BrotB7

• Tally Ho! I say!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 01:08:59 PM »
On grief day there will be a siege event at my castle (600 blocks south of east hub) starting at 7pm GMT
Players may choose to attack or defend, along with picking from four classes:
Infantry (six max per team)
Archer (four max per team)
Cavalry (two max per team)
Officer (one max per team)

RULES:
General:
1.If the lord (myself) is killed, attackers win instantly
2.Infinite respawns are allowed, however gear is limited and so suicide attacks are not encouraged
3.Do not use armour belonging to another class, looted weapons, potions and food are allowed
4.EQUIPMENT WILL BE PROVIDED-PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR OWN
5.Horses must be provided by the player if playing cavalry, horse armour and saddle will be provided
6.If a team cheats twice the time required for defenders to hold will be reduced or increased by five minutes depending on the infringing party
7.On the third cheat the infringing team forfeits the game automatically
8.Elytra are banned, as is the use of human cannonballs to bypass defences
9.The use of potions other than those provided is banned
10. Obey officers on your team if they give you an order

Defenders:
1.The goal is to defend for two day/night cycles
2.Defenders may only pass the moat during the first night (sunset until dawn) at dawn any survivors MUST retreat
3.Defenders may use /tpa WITHIN THE CASTLE ONLY
4.If a layer of the castle is lost you may not reclaim it except anything within the keep

Attackers:
1.May only pass the moat after sunrise on the second day
2.The first day is for setting up your camp and siege equipment, which must be built beyond the road
3.TNT cannons may be used to destroy walls, FISTS may be used to break GATES and GLASS ONLY
4.The use of ladders is prohibited
5.One siege tower may be built with a bridge across the moat
6.TNT must be provided by the participants
7.TNT cannons may not be built out of obsidian or other tnt proof materials and must be built beyond the road
8.Attackers may not attack the next layer of the castle until the previous one has been secured (e.g you cannot attack the keep until the second wall is clear of defenders), inside the keep is fair game however
9.Attackers may craft wooden weapons using the forest if their equipment stocks run out
10.Use of /tpa is NOT ALLOWED

TIMINGS:
Dawn of day one:
Attackers begin to set up camps, archer combat only
Sunset of day one:
Attackers may no longer build cannons
Defenders may exit the castle and attempt to destroy attacker equipment and cannons
Dawn of day two:
Defenders must return to the castle
Attackers may begin to fire cannons at the castle
Attackers may climb the siege tower
Dawn of day three:
Defenders win if commander is still alive
Blow up the castle with TNT!

Tips:
Defenders:
Keep the commander alive, if he dies you lose
The commander has potions with which to buff you, take advantage
Try to kill people that are using TNT cannons, your life will be made easier that way
Attackers:
Be careful in the lower keep, nowhere is safe from arrows
Watch out for chemical warfare
Don't waste gear on suicide charges
General:
Arrows are the most powerful weapons on the field save the TNT cannons
Don't try to jump over the moat, you can't
Friendly fire is on, be careful
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:39:45 AM by Bernd_das_BrotB7 »

CLGREEN

• #TeamHomo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 06:26:02 AM »
Good day everyone,

Grief day is here and the server is ready for you all to go crazy. .

If you have been voting and got your hands on a special TNT ticket you can ask staff to trade this in for some TNT.

Remember please don't go over the top with TNT it can out a lot of stress on the server, griefing is allowed for the next two day ONLY. And griefing is the only rule we are bending all other rules still apply!!

Have fun with everyone! Enjoy the end of another fantastic map! And we hope you enjoy the next few days!

Don't forget the player event that's been ran by Bernd_das_BrotB7. (I will be there!)

If you have any issues please see staff, I won't be around today as it's my Birthday and I have some IRL stuff to do but I should be around later tonight.

Oh P.S.. I would avoid them creepers the Relic seems to have sprinkled some Relic Dust on them and they seem to have changed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can normally be found fixing something or yelling at someone....

(Please be aware, I am dyslexic and therefore I may have made some spelling or grammar mistakes in the above comment. I apologise if this is the case)

Bernd_das_BrotB7

• Tally Ho! I say!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 08:40:19 AM »
Happy Birthday!

Silmaera

• I AM THE FORUM JANITOR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2017, 04:47:47 PM »
Our temp map is now live!
Have a question? Click here   to shoot me a message!